In the nearly 70-year history of Pirate Swimming and Diving, the teams have reached a level of success unrivaled among ECU athletics: two national championships, 15 individual national championships, 47 All-Americans, 21 conference championships, and 300+ individual event champions.
- ECU Men’s Swimming and Diving won the American Athletic Conference championship in 2020, its fourth conference title in six years. Swimming and Diving is the only sport at ECU to earn multiple conference championships in the past five seasons.
- The women’s team posted the highest team GPA among collegiate swimming and diving programs in the nation during the 2013 spring semester.
- Three pirate athletes — one men’s swimmer, one men’s diver, and one women’s swimmer – qualified to compete at the 2020 NCAA Championships.
- Head Swimming Coach Matt Jabs was recognized by his peers at the AAC’s Coach of the Year in 2020.
- It’s been more than a quarter century since either the men’s or women’s team posted a losing season. The men have finished at or above .500 for 37 consecutive seasons, and the women have done so for 28 seasons.
- Former Head Coach Rick Kobe was just the sixth coach in NCAA history to surpass 500 dual meet victories.